Sunday, June 26, 2011

week 4 art gallery

A.) Which artworks make an impact or impression on me? Why?
Yves Tanguy indefinite divisibility made a very good impression on me. i like cool colors like the greys and the blues. i like how he made it look like the picture fades far into tha back. i kinda reminds me of a playground.
Salvador Dali the transparent simulacrum of the feigned image,  has always made an impression on me because ive always had a thing for this painting. its real calm  and it gives me a sense of mountains and a river and i like how the blanket slips off the end of the painting.



B.) Which artworks do I feel a connection with? Why?
Storm Tharp, Miss Cloud reminds me of my great grandma that i lost 2 years ago.
john f. kensett, Coast Scene reminds me of when we were little and we were goin to beaver island.
james jacques joseph tissot Political woman reminds me of my mom and the dresses she use to wear.


 
C.) Which artworks would I like to know more about? Why?












james rosenquists Nomad, Alexander Calders D and Jackson Pollocks Convergence is a very interesting piece but i have no clue what it means and would like to talk to the artist to see what he was thinking.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment